As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are looking for a Biomass M&E Contracts Manager to work within the Service and Heat Supply team for England and Wales to manage small heating system contract works (under the £100k value) including system repairs, network extensions and boiler and equipment replacements.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Liaising with internal and external clients and assessing client needs and scope for the projects
- Creating detailed proposals, costings and terms for contract works and agree these with the client
- Manage the design process and CDM where this is required
- Manage project programmes and programme management for multiple projects being delivered simultaneously
- Managing all aspects of HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality) for onsite works, including risk assessments/method statements and the supervision of subcontracts
- Full responsibility for budget control and achieving target margin
- Track and report to management on contract progress and completions
- Ensure accurate and up to date valuations and invoicing
- Manage sub-contractors and in house staff as required
- Manage materials ordering and stock control
- Ensure high quality levels at project completion. Manage snagging progress and ensure client satisfaction with works completed
- Assist with the general running of the Biomass Service and Heat Supply Operation where required
- Undertake other duties as required as delegated by the Service and Heat Supply Manager.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience of heating systems with sound mechanical, electrical and controls knowledge/experience
- Knowledge and experience of Biomass systems is desirable, but not essential
- SMSTS or SSSTS qualification or similar
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification or similar
- Proven experience of managing a programme of contracts and sub-contractors
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Pro-active, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
We offer an excellent remuneration package which will be discussed at interview.
- Location: Telford/Hooton/Home based with frequent travel to sites across the country
- Company van, mobile phone, and tablet will be provided
- Hours of work: 40 per week, 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days with an additional 8 days for public holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Insurance
Please complete the application form below: