As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Biomass Steam Boiler Operator. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
To undertake planned and reactive maintenance on biomass steam heating systems and associated equipment. To undertake routine maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, and repair works as required. To facilitate the supply of biomass fuel.
The site will operate 7 days a week (7am to 4pm). Weekend working required typically one in three, and out of hours on call, on a rota/shift pattern.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Assist with the support and management of sub-contractors on site for ongoing operation and maintenance or capital works/upgrades as required.
- Facilitate the biomass fuel supply to the site, receiving deliveries, testing and recording results.
- Contribute to a high level of HSEQ performance on site, encouraging a strong HSEQ culture and adherence to HSEQ legislation and Group HSEQ policies
- Undertake planned maintenance, attendance, testing, and record keeping ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and industry good practice governing LTHW, steam, feed water quality, biomass combustion and
- records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs including photographic records.
- This role will require periodically being on call on a rota system to respond to heating outages, loss of service or emergencies as required. This will also include periodic remote performance monitoring of the system during out of hours periods by the on call engineer.
- Ensure accurate and detailed report and record keeping of fuel supply, maintenance, testing, and HSEQ incidents; risk assessments and auditing, via our online HSEQ and service management systems.
- Monitoring feed water and emissions quality.
- Contribute to achieving HSEQ compliance and maintain high standards on site, escalating any serious issues or HSEQ concerns to the Site Supervisors. To adhere to AMP Clean Energy Group and site policies at all times.
- Liaise on site with the client’s engineering and maintenance teams and maintain excellent level of communication and working relationship on site as required.
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Undertake other duties as required by the post.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience in working on heat and steam generating plant and equipment within large industrial sites with a continual heat demand.
- Experience in working with biomass boilers and with biomass fuel desirable.
- Strong engineering background, with both mechanical and electrical experience.
- HSEQ operator level training (e.g. safety passport/CSCS card), and training on completing site risk assessment/method statements.
- Overseeing sub-contractors on site.
- Technical/Engineering educational qualification, with experience in LTHW and steam systems including pumps, valves, hydraulics, controls and steam generating plant
- Completed Boiler operation accreditation scheme (BOAS) qualification for steam operator level is desirable
- Familiarity with DCS/BMS controls and CMMS systems.
- Flexible, committed and determined to ensure high operational and HSEQ performance across the biomass asset for 24/7 energy demand.
- Excellent engineering credentials and attention to detail, with a ‘hands on’ approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all stake holders, including our client and suppliers.
We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview, and access to an excellent health and wellbeing package, life insurance cover and pension.
Basic hours of work: 7am and 4pm, average of 40 hours per week (Annualised hours of 2080 per annum).
Holidays: Equivalent to 26 days plus 8 bank holiday, pro rata in accordance with shift pattern.
On Call: Required to be on call as per shift pattern schedule.
Shift Pattern (repeats every 21 days):
- Week 1 – 7 days on plus on call 24/7
- Week 2 – 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off
- Week 3 – 5 days on, 2 days off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Number of Positions: 2
Please complete the application form below: