As AMP Clean Energy’s low carbon heat and power business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Boiler Operator and Site Supervisor. The role is temporary to cover a long-term absence.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To supervise all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the biomass energy assets located at a large client horticultural site in Essex
- Including planned and reactive maintenance, compliance, and on-site HSEQ management
- The assets include circa 6MW of installed biomass LTHW boilers, a 2MW steam boiler c/w steam expander electrical generator, back up gas boilers and other associated equipment
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance on biomass heating systems, steam and electrical generating equipment, and other heating plant and associated equipment
- To act as the main point of contact for the client on-site
- This is a combination of a ‘hands on’ and supervisory role
The candidate will ideally have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Steam boiler operation, maintenance, and compliance
- Biomass system operation and maintenance
- Heating systems, hydraulics, pumps, valves, and controls
- Electrical generation and electrical systems
- Site supervision and HSEQ management, preparation of risk assessment/method statements, Toolbox Talks, site audits, compliance management and reporting
- Management of staff and subcontractors
- Proven skills, training, and experience in the above technical disciplines
- A proactive approach, and strong supervisory qualities
- High level of attention to detail and high standards of site order and cleanliness
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Understanding of compliance and managing HSEQ risks and maintaining high standards
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and react as required
- Leadership and line management abilities
The role is temporary to cover a long-term absence expected to be 6 to 12 months, there are also other opportunities within the business so a good chance of a permanent position.
We are offering a competitive salary, plus on call allowance, which will be discussed at interview.
- Site location is Roydon, Essex – must live within a 30-minute drive
- Hours of work: 40 per week – hours will be flexible but typically the expectation is that you will be on-site between the hours of 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays.
Please complete the application form below: