As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Buyer. As a Procurement professional you will manage approved requisitions and process ad hoc and annual purchase orders in a timely manner and in accordance with the MOA.
If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Perform market analysis, new vendor pre-qualifications, develop sourcing strategies & tactics, mini tenders, evaluate quotations, price/cost benchmarks, negotiate, create, and expedite purchase orders. Identify and track savings and benefits through the completion of the SSR process
- Converting all approved requisitions into purchase orders within agreed timelines and comply with AMP Clean Energy’s commercial, legal, and sustainable guidelines
- Support the Finance team with ensuring all purchase orders are completed against the nominal structure and communicated to the Purchase Ledger for invoice processing
- Create Buyer Plans and Sourcing Strategies to support the business objectives
- Support the Junior Buyer with contract strategies and awards for category areas of spend
- Support the wider Procurement team in supplier relationship management and contract management with the Head of Procurement and Stock Buyer
- Develop and maintain required management reports, spend analysis, and report value improvements as defined by the Head of Procurement
- Establish close networks with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure early engagement and compliance with end-to-end Procurement process
- Identify and implement best value solutions for all relevant requirements from the business
- Participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Relevant Technical or Business Degree preferred but not essential
- Achieved CIPS Diploma Certificate (L4) or can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management
- Good IT skills – including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong ERP systems knowledge (SAGE)
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player; teamwork and flexibility are vital
- A self-starter capable of working in a consistently busy department where deadlines must be met
- Ability to quickly establish and where appropriate further develop effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations and relationships with key stakeholders.
- We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
- Location: Hooton, Cheshire, CH66
- Hours of work: 40 per week, hours will be flexible but typically between the hours of 08:30-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays.
Please complete the application form below: