London, W1S 4LD
Here at AMP, we are committed to supporting the energy transition by funding, developing, and delivering flexible energy solutions and helping businesses decarbonise.
Our mission is to create a smarter energy future. We are relentless in our focus on tackling the central challenge of our age – the energy transition.
The size and scale of the challenge means we must continually grow our team, bring in new ideas and new approaches and be ready to push the boundaries. At every level, we are looking for bold, ambitious, bright, and collaborative people that share our commitment to making a difference.
Battery Box is AMP’s innovative Energy Storage solution, bringing energy storage into cities, towns, and villages across the country. In doing so, Battery Box is supporting the fight against climate change, but also supporting the local electricity networks to cope with the growing demand from Electric Vehicles, Heat Pumps and growing demand for electricity.
Occupying an area equivalent to just two car parking spaces, each Battery Box connects directly to the local low voltage electricity network, storing excess renewable energy when it is windy or sunny. When demand peaks and the network is stretched, the stored energy is released back to the local network. This cycle not only reduces the carbon intensity of our electricity, but also strengthens local network resilience and reduces reliance on imported fossil fuels.
To support with the implementation of a rollout programme for the large-scale installation of hundreds of grid connected 200kW battery systems (‘Battery Box’) throughout the UK, we have a new and exciting opportunity for a CAD Technician to join our Projects Delivery team and ensure that designs are created in accordance to the required specifications and standards within agreed timescales.
Reporting to the Deployment Programme Manager, the CAD Technician will also work in collaboration with the Development team to understand project requirements and specifications – to then develop and modify technical drawings and schematics using CAD software.
Interested? If you thrive in a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative environment, and want to be part of something great – AMP can offer you the challenge and opportunity you’re looking for.
The role will involve
- Leading on various project designs across the AMP Group including plan layouts, section cuts, physical details, ground grid design and other physical components whilst following project design and drafting standards as set out by AMP
- Collaborating with the Development team to understand project requirements and specifications
- Designing of planning and construction drawings that meet the project specifications, and detail design drawings using CAD taking to account of the site characteristics and constraints
- Developing and modifying technical drawings & schematics using CAD software
- Ensuring accuracy and adherence to design standards and project guidelines
- Ensuring that designs are created in accordance with the required specifications and standards
- Evaluating and determining appropriate actions where problems occur and reporting these as required
- Preparing site elevations and Battery Box planning application drawings to scale from photos and other formats
What we are looking for
An individual who is proficient in using AutoCAD software and who is experienced in reading and interpreting large scale project drawings and specifications.
Self-motivated and able to ensure tasks are completed on time and deadlines are met, our successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Level 2 or 3 Award in 2D Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Minimum of 1 years’ practical experience within a Civil engineering background
- Experience within Grid Servicing/Energy/Telecoms/Electric Vehicle Industries
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS office suite
- Knowledge of design, AutoCAD standards
- Proven track record of working effectively as part of a project team
- Experience reading and interpreting large scale project drawings and specifications
- Ability to go above and beyond to support business needs, including being adaptive to change and assisting the team where required
- Demonstrates a positive and proactive approach to tasks with a ‘can do attitude’
What we will offer in return
We’ve built a culture founded on honesty, working hard, and enjoying ourselves. And we have created a workplace where everyone feels more connected, heard, and valued. You’ll receive, ongoing training and development, be encouraged to work towards relevant accreditations and be able to map out a clear journey of progression within your role. Our employee benefits include:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement plus 8 days for public holidays
- Life Insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Access to advice, counselling, and support
- Access to GP services
- Wellbeing tools and resources
- Shopping and lifestyle discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Location: AMP, 3rd Floor, 1 Dover Street, London, W1S 4LD
- Salary: £28,000 – £35,000
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am-6pm
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Office based : AMP, 3rd Floor, 1 Dover Street, London, W1S 4LD
To apply, please complete the form below
In line with our commitment to safety and integrity, roles at AMP may require a DBS check as part of our safer recruitment process. We also verify qualifications and eligibility to work in the UK, ensuring a secure and equitable hiring journey.
AMP is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities, striving to create an environment where everyone feels valued and heard. If you require reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition during the application or onboarding process, please contact us at HRQueries@ampcleanenergy.com. We’re here to support your journey.