As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Class 1 or 2 Tramper Driver. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Purpose of the role:
- Collection and delivery of Wood Pellet and Chip to end customer
- To operate LGV vehicles safely, effectively, and efficiently within the law for delivery or collection of products
- To ensure that the delivery is carried out to all ENplus quality requirements (full training to be provided) and is done to Company procedures to ensure a safe delivery.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To drive Class 1 or Class 2 vehicles
- Observe all relevant legislation, codes of practice and Company procedures
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Adhere to Company Health, Safety and Environmental policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively with other areas of the business
- Be the customer facing part of our business to build up long term relationships with our customers
- Immediately report any hazardous situation, environmental threat, or safety hazard which has not been previously assessed to the manager/supervisor responsible
- Participate in training activities as agreed by line management and ensure that any training needs are advised to your manager/supervisor
- Undertake training to increase skills and levels of competencies
- Ensure your work environment is kept clean and tidy
- Report any defects identified in your pre-use daily checks
- Maintain a high standard of driving which will be assessed at regular intervals
- Fully comply with all Tachograph regulations, the Working Time Directive (WTD) and Road Transport Directive (RTD) legislation
- Deliver and collect materials following the Company’s procedures and complete all relevant documentation
- Raise, complete, issue, and retain accurate documentation
- Liaise with the office for paperwork records, weights, defects, tachographs
- To be a professional driver complying with all DVSA requirements
- Adopt a flexible approach to work in other areas to cover absenteeism/demand to meet the needs of the business
- Any other duties which may reasonably be associated with this job to meet the needs of the business
- To undertake nights out as and when required
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Must have a Class 1 or Class 2 License and an up to date CPC qualification
- Must not have any more than 6 penalty points
- Ideally have tipper experience (However, training shall be provided, so not essential).
- Minimum of 2 years driving experience
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the business
- Reliable and organised
- Experience of using devices such as a smart phone/tablet
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of current transport legislation
- We are offering a competitive salary, with the opportunity for overtime, with potential earnings of up to £45,000 per annum.
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Location: Hermitage
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week, averaged over any 26-week periods. Some weeks could be as much as 60 hours in the peak season. Please note that for this role, at times you will be required to work away on nights.
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays. We also will be offering four-day weeks in the summer. More details will be given at the interview.
Please complete the application form below: