As AMP Clean Energy’s low carbon heat and power business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Field Service Engineer to undertake and co-ordinate planned and reactive maintenance on Flexible Generation Power Plant and associated equipment, general maintenance, installation, commissioning, and repair works as required. If you want to join one of the most exciting companies in the low carbon and renewable heat energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Work with the Urban Reserve Project Delivery Team, and alongside VPower, MTU, Terberg and Catalyst PWR, to oversee the commissioning and troubleshooting of the newly commissioned Urban Reserve Generation Assets. To be available to deal with defect rectification post-handover of the assets during the bedding in period, until stable running is achieved.
- Provide technical training to Urban Reserve QL1 Trained Service Engineers in addition to providing technical assistance to the On Call Engineer as required.
- Co-ordinate with sub-contractors as required, to enable them to fulfil their duties to the company.
- Undertake reactive maintenance during post commissioning /call outs with the swift and effective resolution of faults, that are beyond the scope of the On Call Engineer.
- Undertake power plant planned maintenance as required.
- Promptly and comprehensively complete the appropriate planned and reactive maintenance reports in the required format using the online Protean system, providing sufficient feedback and information in a suitable format which can be presented to the commissioning / projects team, to enable timely defect rectification of post commissioning faults.
- Take and log photographs to the report including before and after photos for planned services and photos identifying any issues relating to reactive maintenance visits.
- Identify any parts which may require replacement and include as much detail as possible in the report to enable parts to be ordered to bolster the Urban Reserve Asset Reactive spare stock holding.
- Endeavour to increase your knowledge base of the Engine Control system to help the On Call Engineer.
- Escalate any serious issues or Health and Safety/compliance concerns to the Flexible Generation Service Manager.
- Assist the Flexible Generation Service Manager with any technical queries and support.
- Undertake all tasks according to Health and Safety requirements and wearing correct PPE. Complete risk assessments and method statements for specific tasks as required.
- Undertake installation, surveying and repair works as required.
- Undertake other duties as required as delegated by the Flexible Generation Service Manager.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- 5 years experience in electrical generation prime movers
- Good mechanical, electrical and controls knowledge
- Gas safe qualification desirable but not essential
- MTU/Rolls Royce Power systems engine experience desirable but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent awareness of health and safety
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
We are offering a competitive salary which will be discussed at interview
- Location is field based within South East, England (Ideally North of London)
- Will be provided with a van, mobile phone, and tablet
- Hours of work: 40 per week – 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday, with additional overtime and on-call (on rota)
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays
Please complete the application form below: