As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Field Service Engineer. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Purpose of the role:
To undertake planned and reactive maintenance on biomass heating systems, other heating plant and associated equipment. To undertake general maintenance, installation, commissioning and repair works as required throughout Scotland
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Undertake planned maintenance works in a thorough manner, following service tasks schedules where available.
- Undertake reactive maintenance/call outs and the swift and effective resolution of heating faults.
- Promptly and comprehensively complete the appropriate planned and reactive maintenance reports in the required format and using the on line system, providing sufficient feedback and information in a suitable format which can be presented to the client.
- Take and log photographs to the report including before and after photos for planned services and photos identifying any issues relating to reactive maintenance visits.
- Identify any parts which may require replacement and include as much detail as possible in the report to enable parts to be ordered.
- Endeavour to contact client during the planned / reactive maintenance visit and update on works undertaken/engage client and provide helpful and friendly feedback.
- Escalate any serious issues or Health and Safety/compliance concerns to the Service Manager.
- Assist the Service Manager with any technical queries and support
- Undertake all tasks according to Health and Safety requirements, and wearing correct PPE. Complete risk assessments and method statements for specific tasks as required.
- Undertake installation, surveying and repair works as required.
- Undertake any other task within the employees skillset as reasonably required by management.
- The role will involve extensive travelling and some overnight stays will be required.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- An engineering qualification (C&G, HNC, NVQ or similar)
- A full UK driving licence
– Candidates will preferably have:
- Experience with Biomass systems
- A plumbing/mechanical/electrical engineering background.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent awareness of health and safety
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Proficient with paperwork; service reports, H&S reports, timesheets etc
- Flexible and Proactive with a can do attitude.
We are offering a competitive salary which will be discussed at interview
- Location: Field Based, covering Aberdeenshire (ideally locations covering Aboyne, Banchory, Westhill, Inverurie, Alford area)
- Hours of work: 40 per week, working hours are between 8am to 5pm, though the nature of the role will result in overtime working and fulfilling a 24/7 and weekend on call role at certain times.
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays.
Please complete the application form below: