Field Service Technician
Here at AMP, we are committed to supporting the energy transition by funding, developing, and delivering flexible energy solutions and helping businesses decarbonise.
Our mission is to create a smarter energy future. We are relentless in our focus on tackling the central challenge of our age – the energy transition.
The size and scale of the challenge means we must continually grow our team, bring in new ideas and new approaches and be ready to push the boundaries. At every level, we are looking for bold, ambitious, bright, and collaborative people that share our commitment to making a difference. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Biomass Field Service Technician to join our Service and Heat Supply team in the West Midlands area.
Interested? If you are passionate and driven and enjoy making a difference – AMP can offer you the challenge and opportunity you’re looking for.
The role will involve
Performing planned and reactive service and maintenance work on our biomass heating systems, playing a key role in ensuring maximum asset availability, including:
- Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on biomass heating systems and associated equipment according to best practice, and in compliance with any statutory requirements and the manufacturers’ instructions. This includes de-ashing, cleaning, full servicing and performing system checks as required
- Responding to call outs and facilitating a swift and effective resolution of heating faults
- Completing the appropriate planned and reactive maintenance reports using the online system, providing sufficient feedback and information in a suitable format which can be presented to the client
- Identifying any parts which may require replacement and include as much detail as possible in the report to enable parts to be ordered
- Ensuring clients are kept fully informed during planned / reactive maintenance visits, and updating them on works undertaken
- Assisting the Servicing and Heat Supply Team with delivering a service to the satisfaction of clients and achieving internal targets and key performance indicators
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedure are complied with
- Assisting the Service Manager with any technical queries and support.
What we are looking for
A passionate and driven individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and has the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- An engineering qualification (C&G, HNC, NVQ) or relevant professional training is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out service, maintenance and repair
- Demonstrable experience of a working in a mechanical engineering, plumbing, heating or similar role
- Good mechanical and electrical skills for service, maintenance, and repair
- Skilled at identifying and resolving problems, and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions proactively
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail to ensure job reports are accurately recorded
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to go above and beyond to support customer and business needs, including being adaptive to change and supporting others where required
- A critical thinker, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Honest and shows respect towards others
- A hard worker who aims to achieve a high standard of work and has a desire to learn new skills and continue to develop in their role
What we will offer in return
We’ve built a culture founded on honesty, working hard, and enjoying ourselves. And we have created a workplace where everyone feels more connected, heard, and valued. You’ll receive training and will be encouraged to work towards relevant accreditations and be able to develop within your role. Our employee benefits include –
- 26 days annual leave entitlement plus 8 days for public holidays
- Life Insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Access to advice, counselling, and support
- Access to GP services
- Wellbeing tools and resources
- Shopping and lifestyle discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Location: West Midlands Area
- Field based: Travel to other areas may be required occasionally to assist the Service and Heat Supply team. Reasonable notice would be provided.
- Competitive salary to be discussed at interview.
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week, with a requirement to be on call one in four weeks and opportunity for overtime
- Equipment: A company van, tools, laptop and mobile device will be provided
To apply, please complete the form below