As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Finance Assistant. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
The Purpose of the Role: To ensure bank accounts are fully reconciled and paperwork is sent to customers accurately and timeously to enable effective debt collection function. The role will also be responsible for credit checking customers on company ledgers delegated by line manager and assist the preparation of management and financial reports for the credit control function.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Be responsible for daily reconciliation of company bank statements and post transactions to sales and purchase ledger.
- Responsible for receipting income from bank transfers, card receipts, cheques, and online portal and maintaining complete supporting files and reconciliations.
- Release orders on hold for payments received.
- Liaise with Accountants/Purchase Ledger /Credit Control and intercompany to ensure any unidentified cash is posted and allocated accurately.
- Contact customers to obtain any remittances not received.
- Be responsible for issuing invoices, statements and attaching relevant documentation.
- Liaise with company Accountant to ensure accurate reporting of month end bank balances and reconciliations.
- Process customers payment via Sagepay online card system using card details provided by the customer via telephone.
- Run credit checks on new and existing customers when required and set credit limits on accounts.
- Provide cover for Credit Control Manager or other team members as agreed.
- Contribute to systems and process improvement as the company moves forward or development projects identified.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by Credit Control Manager, or company accountants as agreed.
- Travel may be required to other sites within the company.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Proven experience of bank reconciliations and associated postings.
- Excellent Accuracy levels essential.
- Experience in Finance/Credit Control and working knowledge of sage preferable.
- The post holder must act in a professional manner with internal and external customers. It is essential that respect, empathy and understanding are demonstrated at all times to customers and colleagues.
- To be able to work under own initiative to achieve all goals and targets.
- Ability to build working relationships and work as a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
- Location: Hooton.
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week between 8.30am and 5pm.
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays.
- We also offer all employees an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Please complete the application form below: