AMP Clean Energy’s Development Team has considerable experience in developing projects and is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Graduate Development Manager to help the team originate and develop new Battery Box projects. This is a great opportunity for candidates to kick start their career in a dynamic and entrepreneurial team in the fast-changing energy sector, and to take on real responsibility early on in their careers. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
The role is broad in scope and you will be very busy identifying sites, negotiating legal agreements, managing planning applications, liaising with landlords, project management and preparation of documents to permit financial investment decisions to be made.
Development is fundamentally about problem-solving and getting on with people. You will develop: a great insight into energy markets; planning and environmental policy; and the commercial aspects of project development such as legal agreements, engineering, and financial modelling
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Assessing suitable sites for Battery Box development through various mapping tools, and site feasibility studies
- Engaging with Distributed Network Operators (DNOs) and other industry bodies such as local planning authorities to identify opportunities
- Supporting other team members in the identification of projects and assessment of opportunities
- Engaging with landowners and land agents regarding securing land for Battery Box projects
- Negotiating agreements including landowner agreements
- Managing projects through the grid connection process with the relevant network operator
- Consulting on project proposals with stakeholders local to the project area
- Managing and reporting on all project risks, ensuring management is kept fully abreast of any significant developments
- Continuing to evolve and build existing knowledge and understanding of the renewable energy industry keeping a watching brief on energy policy development and media, and networking
- In line with our graduate onboarding milestone plan you will have the opportunity to visit sites, facilitate and be actively involved in the handover process to the O and M team.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Degree educated ideally in a technical, engineering, Geography, Geology, Economics or Environmental Science field (2:1 or 1st class honours degree)
- The ability to work proactively and within a team
- Comfortable using a variety of software packages and able adopt industry specific packages.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A high level of motivation and a friendly manner to enable effective and positive engagement with colleagues, and key stakeholders
- A strong communicator and have the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with people at all levels
- Self-motivated, decisive, and resilient, with the ability to adapt and respond to change in a fast-paced environment and to work as part of a team under direction and, where needed, on own initiative
- Ability to solve problems and deal constructively with issues that arise
- Work to tight deadlines and to manage multiple task in a busy office environment
- Passionate about the renewables sector; with an interest in low carbon energy solutions and decarbonisation.
We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
Details and Benefits:
– Location: London, W1S 4LD
– Hours of work: 09:00–18:00, Monday to Friday
– Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days, plus an additional 8 days for public holidays
– Medical Health Insurance, alongside Life Insurance upon completion of probation
– Access to Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing benefits
Please complete the application form below.