AMP Clean Energy’s Development Team has considerable experience in developing projects and is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Graduate Development Manager (Net Zero) to help the team originate, develop and deliver new projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate to get your career and development off to the best possible start by joining a great company in a crucial sector. It will be challenging, busy, rewarding and a great place to learn. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
The role is broad in scope and you will be very busy identifying sites and customers, analysing energy data and financial models, negotiating legal agreements, managing planning and grid applications, liaising with customers, supporting the project delivery team in managing projects which are in-build, and preparing documents to permit financial investment decisions to be made – both for AMP and our Customers.
Development is fundamentally about problem-solving, getting on with people, having excellent communication skills and producing high quality and easily understandable supporting documents.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Working with customers, landlords and other key people to identify and develop projects;
- Engaging with Distributed Network Operators (DNOs) and other industry bodies such as local planning authorities to identify opportunities;
- Understanding customer processes and energy demands and helping ensure that the solutions we develop are fit for purpose;
- Supporting other team members in the identification of projects and assessment of opportunities;
- Managing projects through the grid connection process with the relevant network operator;
- Consulting on project proposals with stakeholders local to the project area;
- Continuing to evolve and build existing knowledge and understanding of the energy industry;
- In line with our graduate onboarding milestone plan you will have the opportunity to visit sites, facilitate and be actively involved in the handover process to the O and M team.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Degree educated ideally in a technical, engineering, Geography, Geology, Economics or Environmental Science field (2:1 or 1st class honours degree);
- The ability to work proactively and within a team;
- Comfortable using a variety of software packages and able adopt industry specific packages.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- A high level of motivation and a friendly manner to enable effective and positive engagement with clients, colleagues, and key stakeholders;
- A strong communicator and have the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with people at all levels;
- Self-motivated, decisive, and resilient, with the ability to adapt and respond to change in a fast-paced environment and to work as part of a team under direction and, where needed, on own initiative;
- Ability to solve problems and deal constructively with issues that arise;
- Work to tight deadlines and to manage multiple task in a busy office environment;
- Passionate about the renewables sector; with an interest in low carbon energy solutions and decarbonisation.
- We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
- Location: Stirling
- Hours of work: 09:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays
- Medical Health Insurance, alongside Life Insurance upon completion of probation
- Access to Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing benefits
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please complete the application form below: