AMP Clean Energy are now recruiting for a Head of Operations for our Urban Reserve Division.
AMP Clean Energy provides renewable heat and electricity to customers up and down the country. We supply sustainable biomass fuels to almost 4,000 customers, as well as owning and operating more than 100 biomass boilers in schools, hotels and businesses. We also service and maintain more than 900 boilers and manage 24 MW of gas peaking plant capable of generating enough electricity to power over 50,000 homes.
About Urban Reserve:
Cities need more and more electricity and AMP Clean Energy is helping cities keep the lights on. Focused on big urban areas around London, Liverpool and Manchester we are building local power plants to help meet the growing local demand for electricity.
We believe these assets will not only provide the flexible response required by the increased deployment of intermittent renewables (wind and solar), but will also provide flexibility to local networks looking to manage existing and future grid constraints or to private third parties (landlords, industrial tenants, EV operators) requiring more heat or power to run their businesses.
In addition to the 24 MW of gas gensets currently in operation, we expect to commission a further 50 MW by the end of this year, taking total operating assets to 74 MW across 15 sites. We expect to grow assets under management by 100 MW per year, equivalent to 20-25 new sites per year.
As a result, we are looking for an ambitious Head of Operations to join the team to take on responsibility for the commercial, legislative and financial management of our projects. This exciting and dynamic role will begin during each project’s delivery phase to ensure the requisite permits and contracts are in place at the time of commercial operations date (COD) and then continue into the operational phase. The job will be office based in London with occasional visits to sites.
• Liaise and coordinate lease matters with the landlord
• Manage the discharge of planning conditions
• Obtain environmental and operational permits
• Liaise and coordinate with the DNOs and GNOs on matters relating to the non-contestable works, leases and easements
• Liaise with AMP legal on leases and easements
• Set up and manage accounts for all utility services required (electricity, gas, phone, water)
• Manage assets against efficiency, availability and P&L targets
• Monthly financial reporting
• Manage the Asset Optimisation contract with the preferred trader
• Manage the O&M contract with HWE Energy
• Financial control and coordination with the finance team to manage payments and invoicing
• Register and apply for Capacity Market contracts and ensure compliance with CM obligations
• Register and apply for DNO Flexibility Services (FS) and ensure compliance with FS contracts obligations
• Ensure ongoing compliance with environmental, legislative and planning conditions, including reporting obligations
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting and reporting background (CIMA/ACA/MBA) and have either: a) product control experience in electricity or gas markets; or b) asset management experience of energy assets for a fund manager or PE firm; or c) operations experience in an energy or trading company.
The ideal candidate must be a good team player and have the ambition to build and run a team in time which will be responsible for a large and growing portfolio of energy generation assets.
Please complete the application form below