As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) Specialist. If you want to join one of the most exciting companies in the low carbon and renewable heat energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Purpose of the role will be to work with the Group HSEQ Manager, and will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of the health, safety, environment, and quality management system which is compliant to recognised international standards. The role is critical in improving HSEQ performance throughout the group including conducting and reviewing risk assessments, conducting audits and evaluations, conducting investigations, and offering practical solutions to improve performance. To coach the supervisors and managers to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and to ensure they are leading by example within their respective areas. Also, to coach the workforce to be proactive towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being understood promoted and adhered to.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Work to implement, improve, and maintain the HSEQ Management System across the group.
- Coordinate the HSEQ software systems
- Promote good HSE practices throughout the organisation by educating people and supporting managers, whilst embedding a culture of pro-active risk management and health and safety throughout. Lead by example.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the effectiveness of the risk assessment management processes
- Provide, or where necessary source, training for staff in relation to HSEQ.
- Conduct internal HSEQ audits and participate in external audits.
- Arrange for all accidents, incidents and near misses to be investigated, collate findings, and approve course of action for prevention of recurrence.
- Monitor safety daily through past and projected indicators and keep company managers, supervisors and workforce informed.
- Ensure that all statutes and regulations are being followed in the company.
- Notify and advise company on project HSEQ requirements.
Manage the development of the companies HSE activities and to advise, train and develop all employees in line with current Health and Safety legislation and to promote best practice.
- Coordinate, arrange and deliver all HSEQ and compliance training.
- Arrange and maintain HSE notices as appropriate throughout the premises.
- Prepare and manage company HSEQ KPIs and statistics.
- Complete client HSEQ questionnaires and support client audits.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience in a similar role, a Quality / Health and Safety Management discipline
- Must hold a NEBOSH General Certificate
- Auditor qualification would be ideal, however experience of internal auditor training is essential
- Must have relevant experience of conducting investigations
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH diploma or relevant degree
- Member of a recognised professional body, for example certification in IOSH Managing Safely
- Previous experience working within HSE. As a minimum you should have at least 5 years’ experience gained from working in an HSEQ role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Vision
- A full clean driving licence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible regarding travel if required.
- Motivated to champion company’s sustainability plans
- An individual who is a team player but also can work on their own initiative when required.
- We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing benefits package
- Location: The role is home working (central England ideally based in Manchester, Liverpool or the Midlands).
- Hours of work: 40 per week, hours will be flexible but typically between the hours of 08:30-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays.
Please complete the application form below: