Stowmarket, IP14 2AG
Here at AMP, we are committed to supporting the energy transition by funding, developing, and delivering flexible energy solutions and helping businesses decarbonise.
Our mission is to create a smarter energy future. We are relentless in our focus on tackling the central challenge of our age – the energy transition.
The size and scale of the challenge means we must continually grow our team, bring in new ideas and new approaches and be ready to push the boundaries. At every level, we are looking for bold, ambitious, bright, and collaborative people that share our commitment to making a difference.
About the Opportunity
We have a new opportunity for a Plant Manager to join our Industrial Biomass team and ensure the efficient running and management of our Muntons, Stowmarket site.
As Plant Manager you will Report to the Head of Industrial Biomass and will lead the onsite team including the site supervisor, on-site boiler operators, and any third-party contractors. You will be responsible for the running of all site operations, including the biomass and electric boilers and associated plant installed at the site, ensuring target levels of heat production, asset availability, budgetary performance, fuel management and maintaining a high HSEQ standard.
Interested? If you have strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and build key relationships at all levels – AMP can offer you the challenge and opportunity you’re looking for.
The role will involve
- Leading the on-site in-house maintenance team, providing line management, direction, and mentoring, ensuring that they are clear on their targets and performing and developing in their role
- Effectively managing planned shutdowns for maintenance, inspections, testing and pipework periodically throughout the year ensuring asset availability is maintained
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with the regulations that govern LTHW, MTHW, steam, electrical generation, and high voltage equipment
- Ensuring the teams on call rota is managed to ensure an efficient response to heating outages, loss of service or emergencies out of hours, maintaining the continuity of energy supply for our clients and optimising asset performance
- Responding to occasional out of hours calls where an operator requires assistance, and to attend site to support where necessary
- Ensuring plant defects are logged within the warranty period and liaise with the Projects team to assist in getting defect resolved.
- Overseeing spares stock at the plant managing this in a proactive manner to minimise plant ‘down time’ and to ensure the Site Manager reports stock levels to Head of Biomass Operations and facilitates any agreed actions
- Overseeing biomass fuel supply to the site, managing suppliers to ensure a continuous supply of correct specification fuel, compliant with RHI and emissions requirements
- Ensuring operation, maintenance, and the testing regime complies with Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme and environmental permitting, recording progress and feeding back results to the Head of Biomass Operations
- Ensuring a high level of health and safety management on site, encouraging a strong health and safety culture and adherence with legislation and Company policies, including conducting regular audits and completing risk assessments and method statements and escalate any serious Health and Safety concerns to the Head of Industrial Biomass Operations UK and HSEQ Manager
- Managing day to day relations with the clients’ engineering and maintenance teams and maintain excellent level of communication
What we are looking for
An individual who has experience managing a heat and steam generating plant and equipment within a large industrial site with a continual heat demand, with a keen interest in developing their knowledge and implementing improvements to drive efficiency, the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Mechanical/electrical engineering qualification
- Health and safety training or qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH
- Valid UK driving licence
- Experience and a strong understanding in LTHW, MTHW, HTHW, steam and power generating plant equipment and systems including pumps, valves, hydraulics, controls
- Familiar with SCADA to obtain data, to produce trends/performance graphs
- Proven ability to manage spend within an allocated budget
- Previous experience in successfully managing an engineering team
- Excellent leadership skills to take charge, provide clear direction and drive high team engagement and performance in a positive way
- A strong decision maker, to be able to assess a situation, problem solve and confidently come up with the best course of action possible
- Dependable and approachable to assist the team when problems arise
- Honest and respectful towards others
- Ability to go above and beyond to support business needs, including being adaptive to change and assisting the team where required
What we will offer in return
We’ve built a culture founded on honesty, working hard, and enjoying ourselves. And we have created a workplace where everyone feels more connected, heard, and valued. You’ll receive, ongoing training and development, be encouraged to work towards relevant accreditations and be able to map out a clear journey of progression within your role. Our employee benefits include:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement plus 8 days for public holidays
- Life Insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Access to advice, counselling, and support
- Access to GP services
- Wellbeing tools and resources
- Shopping and lifestyle discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Location: Muntons, Stowmarket, IP14 2AG
- Competitive salary to be discussed at interview.
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00, 1 hour unpaid lunch break
- Flexibility to attend site if support is required outside of usual working pattern
- Site Based
- Permanent Contract
To apply, please complete the form below
In line with our commitment to safety and integrity, roles at AMP may require a DBS check as part of our safer recruitment process. We also verify qualifications and eligibility to work in the UK, ensuring a secure and equitable hiring journey.
AMP is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities, striving to create an environment where everyone feels valued and heard. If you require reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition during the application or onboarding process, please contact us at HRQueries@ampcleanenergy.com. We’re here to support your journey.