London, W1S 4LD
Here at AMP, we are committed to supporting the energy transition by funding, developing, and delivering flexible energy solutions and helping businesses decarbonise.
Our mission is to create a smarter energy future. We are relentless in our focus on tackling the central challenge of our age – the energy transition.
The size and scale of the challenge means we must continually grow our team, bring in new ideas and new approaches and be ready to push the boundaries. At every level, we are looking for bold, ambitious, bright, and collaborative people that share our commitment to making a difference.
About the Opportunity
Battery Box is AMP’s innovative Energy Storage solution, bringing energy storage into cities, towns, and villages across the country. In doing so Battery Box is supporting the fight against climate change, but also supporting the local electricity networks to cope with the growing demand from Electric Vehicles, Heat Pumps and growing demand for electricity.
Occupying an area equivalent to just 2 car parking spaces, each Battery Box connects directly to the local low voltage electricity network, storing excess renewable energy when it is windy or sunny. When demand peaks and the network is stretched, the stored energy is released back to the local network. This cycle not only reduces the carbon intensity of our electricity but also strengthens local network resilience and reduces reliance on imported fossil fuels.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our Project Delivery team to manage the implementation of a rollout programme for the large-scale installation of hundreds of grid connected 200kW battery systems (‘Battery Box’) throughout the UK. Reporting to the Deployment Programme Manager, the Project Manager will manage all aspects of the Battery Box delivery in collaboration with the Project Delivery team, ensuring sufficient resource is available and effectively deployed – and being responsible for ensuring each installation project is delivered on time, to budget and to the highest quality.
Interested? If you are committed and determined to ensure successful and on-time project delivery – AMP can offer you the challenge and the opportunity that you are looking for.
The role will involve
- Project managing a large-scale installation programme of outdoor battery storage systems (Battery Box) with a goal of installing units at thirty-four sites per month
- Managing all aspects of the Battery Box delivery in collaboration with the Development Programme Manager and project team, ensuring sufficient resource is available and effectively deployed
- Ensuring each installation is delivered on time and to budget in accordance with the requisite quality standards
- Liaising with the Development and Operations Teams to ensure a smooth handover from project development to project delivery, and onward from project delivery to Operations and Maintenance
- Nurturing exceptional client relationships
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and ensure effective communication between all parties, including liaising with the board, internal project teams, landowners, clients, local communities, and subcontractors
- Managing the pre-installation phase, making sure all sub-contractors have the preconstruction information, to ensure the design is correct, and all site access arrangements are in place
- Managing all logistics to ensure equipment is delivered on time and to the correct location, effectively planning and overseeing all project delivery activities
- Effectively managing multiple sub-contractors on site, ensuring they successfully deliver against the construction management plan and to the required operating standards
- Regularly attending sites to undertake construction feasibility assessments, monitor construction progress, reviewing works against quality and contractual requirements
- Ensuring the highest HSQE standards are maintained, and maintain compliance with CDM regulations
- Managing processes, documentation, and systems of work necessary for the successful and efficient delivery of the project
- Instigating regular review meetings to prevent project slip, mitigate risks and cost increases
- Ensuring robust financial, commercial and project controls are in place and adopted
- Ensuring the Project KPI reporting is maintained and accurately reflects the state of the project
- Analysing and reporting on project progress
What we are looking for
An individual who has experience of Project Managing mass deployment of electrical installation projects across multiple sites across different regions.
With a sound understanding of the civil works associated with installing equipment outdoors, our successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Sound understanding of construction health and safety standards and compliance
- A sound understanding of the civil works associated with installing equipment outdoors
- Excellent project management capabilities and knowledge of fundamental good practice project management principles (i.e. estimating and planning, processes, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, stakeholder management and communication)
- Experience in managing installations and commissioning projects in conjunction with third party stakeholders and the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organisational teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues
- Excellent leadership skills to take charge and provide clear direction
- A critical thinker, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Full understanding of and experience of working under CDM2015
- Strong numeracy and cost management skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we will offer in return
We’ve built a culture founded on honesty, working hard, and enjoying ourselves. And we have created a workplace where everyone feels more connected, heard, and valued. You’ll receive, ongoing training and development, be encouraged to work towards relevant accreditations and be able to map out a clear journey of progression within your role. Our employee benefits include:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement plus 8 days for public holidays
- Life Insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Access to advice, counselling, and support
- Access to GP services
- Wellbeing tools and resources
- Shopping and lifestyle discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Location: London, W1S 4LD
- Salary: £60,000 – £65,000
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09:00 – 18:00 (1-hour unpaid lunch)
- Hybrid Working 2 days working from home
To apply, please complete the form below
In line with our commitment to safety and integrity, roles at AMP may require a DBS check as part of our safer recruitment process. We also verify qualifications and eligibility to work in the UK, ensuring a secure and equitable hiring journey.
AMP is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities, striving to create an environment where everyone feels valued and heard. If you require reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition during the application or onboarding process, please contact us at HRQueries@ampcleanenergy.com. We’re here to support your journey.