As AMP Clean Energy’s low carbon heat and power business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Regional Logistics Manager.
As CPC holder for the region you will report directly to the National Logistics Manager and work very closely with National Depots and Ports Manager and Fleet Maintenance Manager to understand the full spectrum of the operation, taking control of the supervision and administration of the driver team and provide depot supervision during all times of operation. This will include health and safety, quality, legal compliance, KPI monitoring to include continual review of plan vs actual data as well as full depot standards and stock management responsibility.
You will escalate situations as necessary to the Logistics SLT but will take ownership where possible and make decisions based on safety, costs, and KPIs that best reflect the department’s objectives. The position is a multiple-purpose role and therefore, being able to fully understand all functions of the transport and depot operation is mandatory. Duties will include the comprehensive debriefing of drivers, vehicle allocation and management, managing stock movements and quality control as well as dealing with any transport and customer related issues throughout as they occur. Ensuring management of driver’s shifts and maintaining legal compliance of the operation are essential parts to this position.
In addition, liaison with other departments including but not limited to the Health & Safety, Planning, Fleet Compliance, Customer Service, Stock Control, and Finance teams are an essential part of this role to underpin the continual improvement working ethic instilled throughout the function. You will be expected to cover during the absence of the Logistics SLT from a decision-making viewpoint and escalate under guidelines set by the Senior Leadership Team.
If you want to join one of the most exciting companies in the low carbon and renewable heat energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Be the nominated ‘O’ licence holder for your region of responsibility
- Manage the Supervisory teams, driver teams, and depot operatives in respective areas ensuring adherence to all company policy and guidelines
- Responsibility to audit and maintain legal compliance & Health and Safety standards to company policy and procedures
- Monitor plan vs actual activities and liaise with the planning team and supervisory teams to drive continual improvements throughout the operation managing any non-compliance quickly and effectively
- Compile a thorough annual PDR review and development pack for all direct reports focussing on SMART objectives with clear timelines. Follow up by conducting and documenting monthly 1-2-1 reviews. Focus on plan vs actual, legal compliance, working time, telemetry compliance and driver bonus points scores
- Ensure depot standards of cleanliness and quality are maintained at all times and accurate stock counts are administered as required
- Manage the accurate and timely provision of KPI data
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Possess a National CPC certificate
- Hold a full clean driving license
- Detailed and thorough understanding of legal requirements within Transport and Logistics
- IOSH Qualified with a good knowledge of health and safety
- Computer literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of basic Human Resources principles
- Proven ability in internal relationships management and staff motivation
- Ability to manage potentially difficult situations and personnel
- Flexibility, ‘hands-on’ approach, able to adapt and move into any business function across a 24/7 period
- Have a continual improvement mindset
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting capability
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Able to make decisions and take initiative in reacting to operational challenges as they arise
- Persuasive insistences to ensure targets are achieved
- Versatile and flexible on hours to suit business needs and efficiencies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional personal standard of presentation
- Willingness to participate in discussions and projects relating to operational policy
- Able to embrace change and proactively seek methods to improve the business and reduce costs
We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed during the interview process
- Location: South England
- Hours of work: 40 per week – hours will be flexible but typically between the hours of 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days plus your birthday off. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays
Please complete the application form below: