As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for a Buyer to join our team for a fixed term of 12 months.
Purpose of the role:
To define, analyse, develop sourcing strategies for the relevant categories of spend; On-going management of category and supplier base and work with internal Stakeholders through-out the end-to-end procurement process to ensure best value for the business; effectively manage third value spend in line with company Manual of Authorities (MOA), relevant HSE and legislative requirements; and drive cost savings and continuous improvement whilst maintaining technically compliant supply.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Manage approved requisitions and process ad hoc and annual purchase orders in a timely manner and in accordance with the MOA
- As a procurement professional it is expected to support the finance team with ensuring all Purchase Orders are completed against the nominal structure and communicated with the Purchase Ledger for invoice processing
- Perform market analysis, new vendor pre-qualifications, develop sourcing strategies & tactics, mini tenders, evaluate quotations, price/cost benchmarks, negotiate, create and expedite purchase orders. Identify and track savings and benefits through the completion of the SSR process
- Create Buyer Plans and Sourcing Strategies to support the business objectives
- Support in the development of contract strategies and awards for category areas of spend
- Support the wider Procurement Team in supplier relationship management and contract management with the Head of Procurement and Stock Controller & Analyst
- Develop and maintain required management reports, spend analysis and report value improvements as defined by the Head of Procurement.
- Participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Indirect material and services category knowledge
- Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management
- Must be a team player; the Procurement team is small, so teamwork and flexibility is vital
- A self-starter capable of working in a consistently busy department where deadlines must be met
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence key stakeholders and build strong partnerships
- The ability to analyse, evaluate and assist with strategy tools including identifying and analysis of business needs; conducting market analysis; implementing category strategy; and Source and Award
- Awareness of HSEQ compliance and risk management, maintaining high standards and continually striving to improve processes.
- Relevant Technical or Business Degree preferred but not essential
- Achieved CIPS Diploma Certificate (L4) or can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role
- ERP Systems Knowledge (SAGE)
- Previous experience essential in dealing with Contract Management, building, and developing supplier relationships and stakeholder management
- Good IT skills – including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays, plus a day off for your birthday.
Location: Hooton, Cheshire, CH66 7NZ
Hours of work: 40 per week, 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Please complete the application form below