As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Buyer to join our Team. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
The purpose of the role is to: define, analyse, develop sourcing strategies for the relevant categories of spend; On-going management of category and supplier base and work with internal Stakeholders through-out the end-to-end procurement process to ensure best value for the business; effectively manage third value spend in line with company Manual of Authorities (MOA), relevant HSE and legislative requirements; and drive cost savings and continuous improvement whilst maintaining technically compliant supply.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Work with the Procurement Assistant to manage approved requisitions and review purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with the MOA.
- Work with the Procurement Assistant on all Supplier Onboarding
- Responsible for the end-to-end Procurement process including category strategy and award for all relevant category areas, including but not limited to MRO; OEM Equipment; Fleet & Hire; Fire & Security; Depot & Logistic Management; and supporting additional Group category areas in line with the Head of Procurement.
- Perform market analysis, develop sourcing strategies & tactics, mini tenders, evaluate quotations, price/cost benchmarks, negotiation, create and expedite purchase orders using best practice procurement process.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance, manage performance improvement and explore alternate sources of supply.
- Maintain regular communication with Internal stakeholders on requirements and improvements.
- Identify and track savings and benefits through the completion of the SSR process.
- Implementation and management of strategic categories via clear Buyer Business Plans (BBP)
- Communicate, lead and manage supplier and stakeholder engagement
- Participate in process and cost improvement activities. This includes participation or leading LEAN, Waste and cost elimination or Six Sigma projects and coaching the business organization with use of these projects.
- Liaising with the Head of Legal on aligning Commercial terms, contract management and service level agreements for the business
- May cover the Head of Procurement as required to support periods of absence.
- Provide mentoring assistance to Buyer to enhance their career and professional development.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management.
- Must be a team player; the Procurement team is small, so teamwork and flexibility is vital.
- A self-starter capable of working in a consistently busy department where deadlines must be met.
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence key stakeholders and build strong partnerships.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Awareness of HSEQ compliance and risk management, maintaining high standards and continually striving to improve processes.
- Relevant Technical or Business Degree preferred but not essential
- Achieved CIPS Diploma Certificate (L5) or can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
- ERP Systems Knowledge (SAGE)
- Previous experience essential in dealing with Contract Management, building, and developing Supplier Relationships and Stakeholder Management
- Good IT skills – including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays, plus a day off for your birthday.
Location: Hooton, Cheshire
Hours of work: 40 per week, Full-time position: Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm
Please complete the application form below