As AMP Clean Energy’s low carbon heat and power business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join the Delivery team overseeing the build out AMP Clean Energy’s pipeline of renewable heat and gas peaking plant projects.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of projects from the point of financial close through to the point of handing over an operational plant to the Asset Management team.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring delivery to programme and budget
- Developing and managing all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Providing project information to contractors to enable them to accurately price works
- Undertaking financial and technical assessment of contractor’s proposals
- Managing projects being procured under design and build contracts – including the notifications and liaison with the Owners Engineer
- Assessing progress of works against programme and manage/instruct contractor accordingly
- Monitoring Health & Safety compliance
- Coordinating the supply of free issue equipment
- Coordinating works undertaken by Distribution Network Operators (DNO), Independent Connections Providers (ICP) and Utility Infrastructure Providers (UIP)
- Liaising with landlords, neighbours and interested third parties
- Manage project scope and changes
- Managing issues, risks, and project change requirements to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience of managing industrial equipment installation projects to programme and budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with construction industry contracts with particular emphasis on design and build
- Preferably the candidate will have experience of managing DNO’s and ICP/UIP contractors
- It is desirable that the candidate will have an understanding of projects that involve free issue equipment and the resultant supplier/contractor interface.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills to build relationships with client teams across diverse locations
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demand
- Committed and determined to ensure successful and on-time project delivery
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment for a company which is at the forefront of helping UK Business decarbonise
- Excellent organisational skills.
- We are offering a competitive package, which will be discussed at interview.
- The role will be based at AMP Clean Energy offices at 1 Dover Street, London, W1S 4LD but may temporarily operate remotely due to Covid-19
- The role requires frequent travel to attend sites and project meetings
- Hours of work: 40 per week between the hours of 09:00-18:00 Monday to Friday
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days plus 8 days for public holidays
- Company mobile and laptop will be provided.
Please complete the application form below: