As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are looking for a Service Technician.
You will work closely with the Site Supervisor, effectively supporting to build key relationships with the teams and client, playing a key role in maintaining our assets’, ensuring heat is supplied and facilitating of biomass fuel on site.
As part of this role, you will undertake planned and reactive maintenance; carry out, routine maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, and repair works as required; and facilitate the supply of biomass fuel for the Company, performing these works alongside the team.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Undertake planned maintenance, attendance, testing, and record keeping ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and industry good practice governing LTHW, steam, feed water quality, biomass combustion
- Facilitate the biomass fuel supply to the site, receiving deliveries, and handling fuel onto the walking floor system where required utilising a tele-handler
- Assist with the support and management of sub-contractors on site for ongoing operation and maintenance or capital works/upgrades as required
- Contribute to a high level of HSEQ performance on site, encouraging a strong HSEQ culture and adherence to HSEQ legislation and Group HSEQ policies
- Ensure accurate and detailed report and record keeping of fuel supply, maintenance, testing, and HSEQ incidents; risk assessments and auditing, via our online HSEQ and service management systems
- Monitoring feed water and emissions quality, and liaising with subcontractors
- Contribute to achieving HSEQ compliance and maintain high standards on site, escalating any serious issues or HSEQ concerns to the Site Supervisors. To adhere to AMP Clean Energy Group and site policies at all times
- Records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs onto the Protean system
- Take and log photographs to the report including before and after photos for planned services and photos identifying any issues relating to reactive maintenance visits
- Liaise on site with the client’s engineering and maintenance teams and maintain excellent level of communication and working relationship on site as required
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Good housekeeping, to 5S lean principles
- Remote monitoring, to be ensuring through check throughout the day as per target
- Assist the Site Supervisor with any technical queries and support
- Undertake any other task within the employees skillset as reasonably required by management.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience in working on heat and steam generating plant and equipment within large industrial sites with a continual heat demand.
- Experience in working with biomass boilers and with biomass fuel.
- Strong engineering background, with both mechanical and electrical experience, ideally with boiler plant/plant room experience which is advantageous.
- HSEQ operator level training (e.g. safety passport/CSCS card), and training on completing site risk assessment/method statements.
- Overseeing sub-contractors on site.
- Technical/Engineering educational qualification, with experience in LTHW and steam systems including pumps, valves, hydraulics, controls and steam generating plant
- Completed Boiler operation accreditation scheme (BOAS) qualification for steam operator level, desirable
- Familiarity with DCS/BMS controls and CMMS systems.
- Tele-hander operation experience and ticket is advantageous.
- Flexible, committed and determined to ensure high operational and HSEQ performance across the biomass asset for 24/7 energy demand
- Excellent engineering credentials and attention to detail, with a ‘hands on’ approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all stake holders, including our client and suppliers
- Ability to work independently, also as part of a team
An excellent remuneration package which will be discussed at interview.
- Location – The Villa Nursery Ltd, Reeves Lane, Roydon, Essex, CM19 5LE
- Will be provided with IT equipment and access to a company vehicle whilst on-call
- Hours of work: 40 per week – 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday, with additional overtime and a requirement to be on call one in every two weeks
- Annual leave entitlement is 26 days plus 8 days for public holidays
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare Cash Plan with an Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing benefits
Please complete the application form below: