As AMP Clean Energy’s low carbon heat and power business continues to grow, we are looking for an experienced Transport Planner to work within our Telford contact centre / operations hub as part of the internal Customer Service Team.
Your role will be focussing on scheduling deliveries and liaising with the team to ensure our customers receive the best service possible.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- To provide an efficient planning solution, liaising with transport managers and drivers and drive continual improvement within the team.
- Understand all activities associated within planning and customer service.
- To manage plan vs actual information, utilising that information for better planning.
- Ensure that vehicle utilisation is maximised for our customer base, increasing efficiency of vehicles.
- Resolve problems relating to transport planning issues to minimise disruption to customers, providing alternative solutions to ensure the customer is retained.
- Look at seasonal changes and planning deliveries to meet our customer requirements.
- Work together with the team on ways to improve the planning system and liaise with your line manager.
- Build close relationships with the internal team, logistics team and other areas of the business to ensure the customer receives a positive experience.
- To access, update and accurately record and retrieve customer information from the planning system and CRM.
- To be the first point of contact for all internal and external customers, providing an efficient and courteous service over the phone and email.
- Provide quotations for new / existing customers from the company pricing matrix.
- To understand the customer onboarding process, inputting orders into system and follow up on processing with the team.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience within logistics / transport environment and HGV vehicles in particular
- Geographical knowledge essential
- Clear understanding of a CRM system advantageous
- Sage knowledge would be preferable.
- Biomass fuel/ fuel supply knowledge advantageous
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a clear concise way
- Must be a team player and have a strong attention to detail
- Will be able to work under pressure in a busy contact centre
- Must have a proactive approach and be solution driven
We are offering a competitive salary which will be discussed at interview.
– Location: Telford, Shropshire, TF1 7AF
– Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 8:00–17:00 Monday to Friday
– Annual holiday entitlement is 26 days, plus 8 days for public holidays.
Please complete the application form below