As AMP Clean Energy’s Renewable Heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Yard Operative (Part-Time). If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
The purpose of the role is to support Southern Depot Supervisor to ensure the Reading depot is running smoothly and efficiently, and responsible for the operation of the company drying plant and general yard duties.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure the depot runs efficiently, and all vehicles are able to load safely
- Work with Quality Manger and Depot Supervisor ensuring the correct grade chip is produced.
- Taking regular quality checks and samples on all stock
- Assisting with Vehicle loading, ensure all vehicles get loaded with correct stock levels
- Assist with incoming stock as required, and accountability for stock control measures
- Assist the Depot Supervisor in taking responsibility for Health and Safety and product quality in the depot
- Ensure accurate stock records are monitored and maintained including day-to-day paperwork and site movements)
- Ensure accurate stock records are kept as per AMP Clean Energy’s standard processes
- To maintain excellent general housekeeping on site
- Contribute to a high level of HSEQ performance on site, encouraging a strong HSEQ culture and adherence to HSEQ legislation and Group HSEQ policies
- Reporting any site issues to the Depots Supervisor
- Any other duties as required
- Responsible for the cover of Manager as required
- The role requires travel in the South of England as required
- Holiday/sickness cover
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Telehandler ticket and experience, desirable but not essential as training would be provided
- Must possess a driving licence, due to cover requirements
- Computer Literate and familiar with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexible, committed and determined to ensure high operational and HSEQ performance across the group
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the business
- Experience of using devices such as a smart phone/tablet
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of current transport legislation
- Reliable, organised, and act with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Be respectful, supportive and understanding of others
- Take a rounded view on decision making
- Adhering to all safety and site rules and regulations
We are offering £11,000.00 – 12,000.00 per annum, based on experience, to be further discussed at interview, plus access to a range of health and wellbeing benefits.
– Location: Reading pellet depot, Hermitage
– Hours of work: 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, hours typically between 6am until 6pm and to be discussed as interview stage
– Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days pro rata. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays, pro rata.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Please complete the application form below